Monday, July 28

McBride BC - Telkwa BC, Day 8


Not bad, eh? This is the northward view along the Bulkley River in Telkwa, British Columbia.

We started off the day looking at overcast skies, and had to suit up for rain within minutes of leaving the motel. We didn't hit a lot of rain, and the fact that my weatherproof pants AREN'T didn't stop me from enjoying the day. Saw a black bear on the side of the road, a few deer in a field and lots of ravens and crows. Just outside of Prince George, I saw a sign that had me giggling for kilometers: it was for a towing company called Give It A Yank. No kidding.

The weather cleared just after lunch, and the ride got that much better.

We ended the day in Telkwa at a place called Two Rivers Lodge. This is the view from our cabin:


This plus a walk into town for ice cream, and it was a perfect end to the day!

2 comments:

Astin said...

Beautiful country we've got, huh?

It's been years since I've been in the interior of BC or the Territories/Alaska, and I've never been that far north in BC (we turned off on 5 towards Kamloops). I miss the view.

Sounds like the weather and prairies are a worthwhile price to pay.

Doug said...

H Guys. Glad to hear you are having fun. We are following your blog keenly. Love the pics too. I think you may have jumped a day - or am I confused?